Not that I don't appreciate banter but it looks unprofessional when the Examiner marks it. I would very much like to apologise for any mean comments I have made on this blog to anyone who has read it. This is me promising not to be too mean from now on during the course of this year. I don't know how long this promise will last...but I shall try for the sake of my sanity and our teacher's.
From here on out I am nice Hannah.
Thursday, 18 October 2012
This is our sales pitch for The Machine Ate Florence that we did on Tuesday. The Machine Ate Florence is the band name we will be using for the purposes of our coursework. The song we will be using is Black Heart by Stooshe.
Wednesday, 17 October 2012
Here is a video (which we will probably edit later so that we can stop our incessant cackling) of us explaining our storyboard for our minute extract of Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush. Please ignore the mini conversations between me and Sarah whilst displaying our fabulous drawing skills.
You may (or may not) be surprised to find out that these aren't really our initial ideas. This was us displaying the song we're going to use and our beautiful, swivell chair talents. We would very much like feedback from our teacher(s since we still consider Mr S as our teacher even though he isn't).
P.S This is really our singing.
Wednesday, 10 October 2012
So I noticed that I haven't posted anything new in a while so I decided i'd log on and let you (the examiner or Mr Nicola or whoever is reading) that i'm not dead. After having finished our second one minute extract we decided we would get going with the Sales Pitch for our final music video. This will include the following:
Wish us luck.
- A band logo that we have created for our band name: The Machine Ate Florence. We've named the band The Machine Ate Florence for several reasons. One being that we were aiming to use something satirical because we have discovered (after months of audience research) that our demographic prefer bands with the use of funny/satirical names. However I would like to add for the sake of clearing my conscience that by using this name we are in no way insinuating anything about Florence and The Machine (though it may look that way). I myself am actually a big fan of Florence and The Machine so the use of this name is strictly for the purposes of the music video and not for self expression.
- A storyboard/shot by shot of what we intend to do for the opening minute of our music video. I shall post (later on today) a mock up of our storyboard so that you can see what we're trying to achieve within our opening minute so that if we keep it we can justify our choice of location, setting, mise-en-scene, lighting etc or if we decide to take a different route we can show the process and if neccessary justify our reasons for not keeping our original.
- An analysis of how our fake band will/does conform to the stereotypes of most girl bands. A.K.A Girl power and so on.
- An analysis of how our fake band will/does subvert the stereotypes of most girl bands.
- How and why we made our song choice. For our music video we shall be using the song: "Black Heart" by Stooshe. I will explain in another post why we chose to use this song and the legal information required. Rest assured though that we do have permission from the band to use the song and I will give evidence of this in the aforementioned post.
- We may even go into detail on what we want the message of our music video to be and how we will represent that throughout the video.
- Mocking up our band logo
- Our storyboard 10 seconds into the song
- The storyboard/shot by shot of the opening minute of our music video.
- The analysis on how our band conforms/subverts the stereotypes of typical girl bands
Wish us luck.